Woohoo! It’s time for another State of NC State!
I got the powah!
- leafstorm – L3 on 4/22 – congrats man! Now your bursters are actually useful!
- mezmer – L8 on 4/25 – Eight, eight, eight is great! Hooray!
- Hakino134 – L5 on 4/26 – Told you it wouldn’t be long before you hit 5!
- Over the past week campus has been pretty green, however last night (4/26) a smurf or two came through and flipped the portals near the brickyard. Go get that AP!
- There have been reports of new Resistance players showing up on campus. Who knows, we may have some more blue competition sometime soon!
- It seems they are not done throwing new portals onto campus yet. Stay on the lookout for grey!
- Reading days are upon us, which means lots of studying for exams. Don’t forget to take the occasional break though! Ingress is a great way to settle down for an hour or so, to get your legs some exercise and your brain something different to chew on.
It’s that time of week again! And you thought I wasn’t serious when I said weekly (even if a bit late)!
Lots of new level 5 players this week!
- Madpuppeteer – Level 5 on 4/12 – Good work man!
- dss – level 5 on 4/14 – Great day to hit L5!
- leafstorm – Level 2 on 4/15 – First ding of many to come!
- Frozenyogurt – Level 5 on 4/15 – Enjoy the new bursters, and thanks for knocking down that blue field!
Big Event Special!
On the 14th there was an XM anomaly that required Bell Tower and Zipcar to be linked together to fully harness the energy (or something, I forgot the actual story behind it). Basically it was a game of capture the flag, where the two portals had to be linked together in order to win. Players from around the triangle gathered to participate in this event.
The game start was delayed by 30 minutes to accommodate some organization issues. Once the game started, it didn’t take long for a small group of level 7 and 8 players on bikes to reach the Bell Tower. After a few bursters were fired and resonators deployed, mezmer beat me (belisario93) to making the game winning link before the game was even 3 minutes in (much to the smurfs’ dismay).
Because of how quickly this objective was reached, the organizers of the event ruled that the secondary objective be played, where the faction with the most portals at game end wins. The surprising 2:1 advantage that the enlightened had for the day became very handy and ultimately it was the frogs that came on top!
We hope to have another event like this one day, with better organization and a better resistance from the resistance!
Photo credits to kmbauer
Welcome to the first edition of The State of NC State! This will be a weekly recap of the various Ingress shenanigans that occur on the NCSU campus.
First topic to cover: Dings! We had some very powerful bells ringing in this edition (in one case quite literally), so let’s get down to business!
- Hakino134 – Level 4 on 4/4 – Congrats! Keep pushing, you’ll be level 5 in no time!
- JamesRustle – Level 7 on 4/4- The third active campus player to hit level 7!
- billthebutcher – Level 7 on 4/7 – Did it out of town, but that doesn’t make it any less awesome!
- mezmer – Level 7 on 4/11 – First active female level 7! And mostly on campus wi-fi! Now that takes some patience…
- belisario93 – Level 8 on 4/11 – I added some symbolism by hitting level 8, ringing the bell north of the capitol block, and then throwing a level 8 resonator on the portal nearby.
Campus event on Sunday the 14th
In case you’ve been living under a rock for the past week, there is going to be a large-scale Ingress event on campus at 2:00 on the 14th. This is huge! If you’re enlightened, please make it a point to come out! More information available in this Google+ group.
Other Cool Stuff
Check out this awesome artwork done in the tunnel by an unknown artist. Hopefully there will be more to come!